You know when your house is colder than it is outside? Uh. I’d run around and try to warm up, but my legs hurt so bad I can’t move. Yesterday was a 3 mile run, 30 min strength circuit, and an hour of spin. Now that I’ve told you how much it hurts, heres my leg strength workout since I know you want to be in this kind of pain, too.
Pair with a 5K run and a killer spin class for optimum pain.
You’re welcome in advance.
So yesterday after spin I sat down in the student center at my school and proceeded to pull a grapefruit, a spoon, a bowl, a blueberry muffin, and a kind bar out of my bag. I saw a few guys watching me and heard one say to the other, “Dude, can’t commuters buy their food here, too?”
Ah, a non-athlete, I presume.
Now theres totally nothing wrong with buying food at college, but it A) costs too much for me, B) is not healthy enough, and C) do you realize how many times I would have to wait in that line each day?? I eat 4 meals in the few hours I’m at school each day!
This got me thinking about other nutty things we athletes do that the sedentary world just doesn’t understand. Thus, a section on todays post entitled: “You know you’re an athlete when…”
These are my top 10– feel free to tell me what yours are!
- You keep an “emergency workout outfit” in your bag at all times.
- You know everyone who works at your gym by name because you’re the first person they see every morning.
- You guess the gear of cyclists you see outside based on what their RPM looks like.
- You’ve got a zip lock baggie full of almonds on your person at all times
- You’ve got athletic clothing drying all over your room (seriously, its on everything from doorknobs to lamps to chairs….)
- You always carry a water bottle. Always. In fact, you can’t remember the last time you used a real glass.
- Hence, you could map out EVERY public bathroom in your state because of all of the water you drink.
- Some people have New Years resolutions, you have a New Years Race Bucket List.
- You keep a list of songs that you can’t wait to run to when you have time.
- You can tell time based on how hungry you are because of your scheduled fuel plan.
Now it’s your turn- what quirky habits do you have that show you’re an athlete?