It’s finally Saturday. This is too good to be true.
I’ve got a big bike ride planned for this afternoon – we’re shooting for 2.5 hours, so this may be the last blog post you ever get from me. If I survive, I promise to reevaluate my blogging life. I will strive to make the most of my time with my laptop and be a better recipe-maker for you guys. With flawless photography to boot.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Heres a low-quality iPhone picture of my lunch yesterday.
Chicken, quinoa, acorn squash wedges, and green beans. All artistically smashed in a microwave safe bowl. I was going for modern art, in case you didn’t get that right away.
It was actually a really good lunch and something I will definitely be trying again soon. It was packed with vitamins and good macros. What’s not to love?
So anyway, good lunches were definitely necessary this week, per my workout schedule.
- Mon: Biceps&Triceps in the morning, Elliptical and Abs in the afternoon
- Tues: 4 mile run, spin class
- Wed: Chest workout & plank circuit in the morning, 4 mile walk in the afternoon
- Thurs: 4 mile run, 4 sets of leg extensions, spin class
- Fri: Elliptical, Shoulders, Abs
- Sat: Leg circuit, bike ride of death
I love Tuesdays and Thursdays. They make me feel like a pro athlete. Because I’m doing cardio twice.
Moving on to my dinner/your potential breakfast.
You know when you have a statistically insignificant amount of taco meat left? (Meaning it’s not enough for a taco, but too much to throw away.) Well I have this problem all the time. I usually throw it in a taco salad but it just gets lost in a sea of veggies and I’m never able to find it. I decided to throw it in with some eggs last night. Why have I not done this before? Have you done this before???
Southwestern Egg Scramble
- 2 eggs
- handful of spinach
- handful of kale
- 1/3 of a small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of bell pepper, diced
- a few small cherry tomatoes, halved
- small amount of taco meat (mine was ground turkey)
- chili powder or southwest seasoning of your choice
- Saute everything except the eggs in a skillet over medium heat. Just until the veggies start to soften and the meat is heated through.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet.
- Now you can either scramble it all together, or cook your eggs sunny-side-up. (I can’t do sunny-side without imminent disaster, so I go for the scramble)
- Serve with a bit of hummus or guacamole, if you desire.
By the way, Triorbust does have a Facebook page and, well… you could… ya know… like it for me 🙂
Question of the day:
What do you do with leftover taco meat?