Back in the day, when I used to eat things that hurt my stomach, I loved Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I could inhale those faster than you could say “those are why you’re sick all the time, dummy.”
I can’t say that I really miss them. The way I feel now is so much better that I don’t want to go back. But, that doesn’t mean that I’m not a fan of the Peanut Butter Chocolate combo. If you were to tell me that there is a way for me to eat that combination and still be healthy, I would race you to wherever you were hiding such miraculous treats… and I would probably trip you on the way so that I could have them all by myself.
I’m teling you all of that so you won’t come to my house looking for these energy bites, because I’m very protective of them and I won’t share.
You’ll just have to make your own.
Disclaimer #1: there are no chocolate chips in this recipe. There is chocolate, but no chips. Those were put there so this would get re-pinned on Pinterest. I know, I’m pathetic.
Disclaimer #2: I even had the nerve to use unorganic chocolate chips with milk and high fructose corn syrup in that picture. Hey, all of the Paleo people just left my site….
Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan, Non Chocolate-chipped
makes 12 tablespoon sized bites
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for 15 minutes to soften, then pitted
- 1/4 cup almonds (you could mix some peanuts in there, too. I just didn’t have any on hand at the time)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (I used natural chunky pb)
- Pulse the dates and almonds in a food processor to combine.
- Add in cocoa and peanut butter
- Pulse a few more times until everything is mixed together quite nicely
- Scoop out using a tablespoon and refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm.
- Enjoy! And send me a sample.