My third day straight of posting bright and early in the morning. I am on a roll, baby.
Truth is, I have to take a rest day today in preparation for my race… and I hate it. I hate it with everything inside of me. Today is always bike day and I don’t know what to do with myself now thats it’s sit-on-your-butt day. I’m trying to distract myself by telling you about my woes. It’s not working. I’m sitting across from grapefruit and I just did a double take because at first I thought they were bike wheels. Ok well maybe not but almost. Life is rough, man.
I wonder if I can steal away for a few hours on my bike and my body somehow not notice…. Can you keep this a secret for me? Thanks.
In exchange for you covering for me, I made some Macaroons for you. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Paleo, Vegan, and delicious Coconut Macaroons to be exact.
That’s a pretty sweet deal on your end, if I do say so myself. I’d take it if I were you.
Coconut Macaroon Energy Bites
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Paleo, Vegan, Raw
makes about 14 energy bites
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 15-20 minutes so they’re soft
- 3 Tablespoons almond meal
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
- Put dates and almond meal in the food processor and pulse a few times to break the dates down.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes, or eat them right then and there. It’s worth it to wait for the fridge, though.
Have fun with these!
Less than 24 hours until race time….