Good morning! Im so excited it’s Friday!
Fridays for me are all about no school, no work, and lots of eating to make up for all of the calories I probably missed during the crazy week (so far I’ve done 5 weight training sessions, 2 runs, 2 spin classes, and power yoga and that was just in 5 days… I’m sore.)
This is kind of my Friday motto:
Not to go off on a soapbox or anything, but don’t you hate when people blatantly declare what they think you should or should not eat? I certainly do, because everyone is different and needs to eat what works for them.
For example, I could eat fiber-pack fruit and veggies all day, but I know lots of people who bloat like nuts if they eat any more than one piece of fruit. All the same I cant handle too many nuts like paleo people can, but they don’t eat quinoa and brown rice like I do. Everyone’s different. As long as you eat whats good for you, no matter what that might be, I’m happy for you and proud of you. Ya know?
Let’s not try to fit everyone in the same grocery store aisle. I don’t think I could handle that.
Alas, I digress. Ugh, I hate being opinionated even if its about being opinionated. Moving on.
Rewinding to Wednesday when I ate a big turkey burger. A chipotle and red pepper hummus turkey burger to be exact. It was a random experiment born out of desperation for protein, and I’m really happy it happened.
Chipotle Red Pepper Turkey Burgers
(this makes about 3ish burgers for me- 2 on a run&bike day)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- Spice blend: 1/4 tsp of each: chipotle pepper (chili powder is fine, too) paprika, cumin, onion power, garlic, & sprinkle of salt and pepper if you want
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper chopped
- hummus & sautéed peppers and onions to top (optional)
- 3-4 Hamburger buns or lettuce wraps (optional)
- Mix the spices and red pepper with the ground turkey and shape them into the desired number of burgers. Use your hands for optimal results.
- Cook in a skillet over high heat for about 5 minutes each side.
- Top with roasted red pepper hummus and peppers and onions.
- I eat mine ‘au naturale’ like that but if you want to be fancy you can get put it on a hamburger bun or in a wrap.
So nice I had to show you the picture twice.